Nic shows you how to create a soft eye and pretty lip in her tutorial to help you look fresh and beautiful (in photos and face-to-face) for your prom or formal.
- Moisturise skin and apply foundation with a damp miracle complexion sponge (adding water will help blend and reduce the amount of product absorbed by the sponge). Smooth over the skin with the flat edge or use a dabbing motion for areas that need full coverage. Wearing your hair up? Sweep foundation over your ears.
- Choose a foundation that photographs well. Avoid foundations with SPF (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) as they may cause flash-back.
- Flip the miracle complexion sponge and use the tip to push concealer in, around the nostrils, under eyes or any areas that need extra coverage.
- Take a warm brown cream shadow over your lid with a shading brush for a long lasting look.
- Apply a soft light shimmer in the inner corner of the eye with the same shading brush.
- Run a brown pencil over the the lash line with a slight lift in the outer corner (don’t worry about it being perfect!). Soften the line with your shading brush and run pencil along the top water line.
- Brush up lashes with a volumizing mascara. OPTIONAL: Apply to bottom lashes too.
- Brush brows up with your lash-brow groomer then run a brow powder thru hairs with your brow brush. Set and define hairs with a brow gel.
“Brows frame the face, but we don’t want it to look like you borrowed someone else’s for the night!” -Nic
- Grab your miracle complexion sponge and press a setting powder over the skin to set makeup and eliminate shine. DON’T powder over dry skin.
- Take a blush brush and sweep a warm bronzer over the high points of your face for a fresh, healthy glow. Note: Bronzer is warmer than a flat contour shade.
- Apply a highlighter on the top of cheekbones, brow bone and cupids bow with your setting brush.
- Frame lips with a lip pencil that’s lighter than your lipstick to avoid altering the hue.
- Apply an eye catching lipstick and buff out the edge with your accent brush. Finish with one last pop of lipstick over the center of lips.