Real Techniques celebrated its 5th birthday and we wanted to celebrate with you!
Aside from the goodies we’ve sprinkled into the month of May (2016), we also wanted to “give” you a beautiful birthday look to rock all month long.
Choose a light to medium foundation and push onto the skin with a damp miracle complexion sponge (adding water will help blend and reduce the amount of product absorbed by the sponge). Nic recommends keeping the skin light to balance out a colourful eye.
- Sweep a blue eye shadow stick (or any other fun colour) over the mobile lid and use your dome shadow brush to soften colour and buff into the crease.
- Run a soft blue shadow thru the eye socket with your 203 tapered shadow brush. Dip the tips of the same brush into a darker blue – tapping off the excess–and work into the outer corner of the eye and blend out to the crease.
- Apply a dark blue liner over the lash line and pull up on the end. #ProTip: When extending liner out, look straight ahead with open eyes for accuracy. Buff out the line with your shading brush.
- Pop several layers of a volumizing mascara. OPTIONAL: Apply to bottom lashes too.
- Remove eye shadow fall out and straighten the corner line with a swipe of a facial wipe.
- Smooth concealer under the eyes and chin, around the nose, and over any blemishes. Take your 102 triangle concealer brush and work over skin, allowing the brush to fit into all of the tight spots and using the straight edge to clean up under the winged liner.
- Take a lighter concealer and apply as a highlighter along the tops of cheeks, under brows, center of the nose and inner eye, blending in with your 102 triangle concealer brush. Use your 203 tapered shadow brush to blend the edge of eye shadow into the concealer under the eye brow.
- Brush through brow hairs with your lash-brow groomer and sketch a brow pencil along your natural shape of your brows. DON’T create a new shape. Just enhance your natural brow line.
- Grab your 100 arched powder brush and set makeup with a light dusting over powder.
- Use the same brush to sweep a bronzer over the high points of your face for a fresh, healthy glow.
- Pop a bit of cream blush onto the apples of the cheeks with your contour brush.
- Line lips with a blue-toned eyeliner.
- Top with a vibrant lipstick and buff in with your accent brush.