For many of us, the warm summer weather will soon be a thing of the past. Sigh…
However, we still have some time to show off our summer colour (real or faux) before we don our turtlenecks!
Transition into your Autumn beauty look and get the most of your summer glow with these 3 simple steps:
Natural and faux tans fade as your skin cells exfoliate. That’s why keeping skin hydrated is key toliterally holding on to your tan.
- Swap long soaks in the tub for quick showers–water loosens up the skin cells.
- Apply body lotion in the morning, before bed and any time after you bathe.
- Avoid or limit skin-stripping treatments like fruit acids, retinol, salicylic acid, waxing and hair-removal creams.
Create the optical illusion of tawny skin with a monochromatic style of makeup.
- Use your stippling brush to sweep a bronzer over the cheekbones, forehead, bridge of nose, jawline and down the neck, allowing the duo-fibers to deliver a sheer veil of colour.
- Swap out your vibrant blush colour for a muted pink or peach powder. Swirl the tips of your 100 arched powder brush into the powder and sweep along the cheekbones for a sheer veil of colour and highlight.
- Choose a luminous pink or champagne lip colour to brighten your complexion and bounce light off of your lips for a glow-y look.
You won’t catch a celebrity on a red carpet or television interview without a layer of sheen on her limbs, as light reflects away from skin giving the appearance of a smooth, even skin tone.
- Smooth a shimmery oil over exposed skin for a soft shine and lovely scent that will transport you back to the beach.